Snapchat is a picture and video sending application available on smart phones with mobile data or wifi availability. More number of users uses this app for its chat, instant messaging and media sending qualities.
Searching for friend’s on snapchat
Currently snapchat is one of the fastest growing smart phone messaging apps, which allows users to share both pictures and videos instantly. Snapchat also allows users to alter photos by adding captions and names. But, within short span of time media will disappear. Here are some of the tips to start an account on snapchat-
- Snapchat can be downloaded for free on smart phones and can be used during any time of the day.
- User has to be above 13 years of age to create snapchat account and snapkidz option is available for young kids.
- To add contacts on snapchat, app uses phone numbers from users address book.
- Though mobile number is required while signing up and is not revealed to any other contacts.
- If other snapchat users have your phone number in their contact list can find you and can send request to join on snapchat.
- To add more number of friends, tapping on icon of the person you are willing to add on snapchat by clicking on plus symbol.
- Settings can be adjusted as per our desire. And this is where user has to update personal information and can choose who can send snaps and view your pictures.
- Even mobile number can be turned off with available features.
Finding and adding friends
There are many numbers of ways to add friends on snapchat account. Being friends with more people enables great chatting option. User can add friends from phones contact or by entering username of the desired contact. Contacts cannot be added through entering e mail address or name of the person. Finding and adding contacts can be done in few ways-
- Logo of the snapchat which is available on camera screen has to be tapped.
- Then tapping add from address book option adds desired friends on contact list.
- Find out the username of the friend. This is the main way to increase contact list on snapchat.
- Type the full username of the person you are willing to add, since snapchat does not allow entering half names while searching for friends.
- Finding your friend via the snapchat names find option is quite an easy one. All that you need to do is to put in the complete name of your friend.
- Friends can be added using phone numbers if they are already on phone’s contact list.
- After sending request to a friend, you have to wait till they accept request to be on friend list.
- While adding from your contact list, phone will display list of people who are on contact list and are already associated with snapchat account.
- Snapchat has to be accessed on device contacts; this will allow snapchat to check synced contacts with telephone numbers.